Our Holiday meeting this year will be a club gift exchange. Everyone should plan on bringing a wrapped gift to the meeting. Guidelines for the exchange are as follows:
- Bring a new gift ($10-$25 range), a “re-gift” or something nice.
- Please wrap the gift, but do not put your name on it.
- If you forget to bring a gift, we will have some for sale for $20 with proceeds donated to charity.
- Any gift that is not wanted after the game will also be donated to charity.
- Festive dress is encouraged!
On the first turn, person #1 chooses a gift, opens it, and it is admired by all...you hope! On the second turn, person #2 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's) or choosing a wrapped one. On the third turn, person #3 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's or #2's) or choosing a wrapped one. Game continues based on the following:
1. - If a gift is stolen from you, you can steal a gift from someone else (see #3 and #4 below), or open a new one.
2. - Turns proceed until everyone has a gift. A turn is ended when a gift is opened and (hopefully) admired by everyone.
3. - A gift cannot be stolen more than once in a turn.
4. - The third "owner" of a gift gets to keep it - it is unavailable to be stolen again.
At the end of the last turn, person #1 can choose to steal any gift that is still available - see #4 above. That is the last turn of the game. So in a nutshell, person #1 has the last chance to steal and person #2 has the worst number.